Additional Fees

Update by user Jul 20

I swear (under penalty of perjury) that I was threatened with further losses and lawsuits if I did not submit a notary letter to Pissed Consumer.I refused because the reports are based on true facts, and there is evidence of losses caused (the company wanted me to imply that it was false to say I was threatened with lawsuits and losses) but the image from the legal letter says otherwise.

It goes to show that there is a right way and wrong way to remove consumer complaints, and that trying to bullnose or bully people into lying, usually does not work. The record should show that the dispute was originally over a $7,392 refund in 2012. The company refused, and instead spent many times more on a lawsuit, and of course, the reviews remain.

It would be fair to say that was a bad business decision.I testify that all my reports (the ones I wrote online) are true and when I said they were not, it is because I was threatened with loss or harm to post a retraction, but now I know better, and thus those retractions should be disregarded.

Original review posted by user Jul 19

I received several legal demands that basically required me to tell lies by way of submitting notarized statements to Pissed Consumer in order to remove, what are in my opinion, true reviews.It was implied that I would be subjected to further losses should I not retract the reviews and write false notarized letters to Pissed Consumer.

For those reasons, the reviews that I wrote (which is not all of them) about this company should remain and Pissed Consumer should take note that this company does try underhand tactics in order to try and make people remove reviews. As submitting a false notarized statement is perjury, I refused. I was required to say the reviews might not be true, but they are true, and swear under penalty of perjury (to the best of my knowledge and belief) the reviews are based on true events. I was not refunded for my losses.

There is also attached proof that Power Places Tours do cause people losses. I would never lie in a notary letter and say they do not, when they do, for that would be the criminal offence of perjury.

Of course, if the company do not cause people losses, that is a different matter, but whilst I have the loss, I would not say that they do not cause losses.That would be dishonest.

Reason of review: Submit false notary letters to PC Legal Dept or face further losses.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Threats of loss if false notary letters are not submitted.

Had an Experience with Power Places Tours?

Comments